SUPSA is pleased to announce the events which will make up the 2015 SUPSA Sanctioned Calendar for Race and Wave Series.
1) COREBAN SUMMER SERIES 2014 (COMPLETED)
2) KING OF THE BAY DURBAN -KZN – 27 April 2015 (COMPLETED)
3) ZINKWAZI -KZN – BY STARBOARD – 14 JUNE 2015 (COMPLETED)
5) J-BAY WINTER FEST – JEFFREY’S BAY -18 JULY 2015 – CANCELLED
6) MARINER’S WHARF RETURN BY SUP CAPETOWN -HOUT BAY – WP- 15-16 AUGUST ( 2 DAY WINDOW DUE TO WEATHER)
8) PILI PILI RACE – WITSANDS- WP 26-27 SEPTEMBER
IF ALL RACES TAKE PLACE BEST 5 RESULTS OUT OF 8 WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE SUPSA RANKINGS.
IF FOR SOME UNFORESEEN REASON ( WEATHER , EVENT ORGANIZER …..) A RACE IS CANCELLED THE BEST 4 RESULTS OUT OF 7 OR 6 RACES WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE SUPSA RANKINGS
2) DURBAN Surf CARNIVAL – DURBAN -KZN 10-12 JULY 2015 ( The event organiser has not yet received confirmation of sponsorship from the City of Durban , if this is not forthcoming, SUP DURBS CLUB have undertaken to run this event on the same dates at a venue to be confirmed )
3) SA CHAMPS – CAPE TOWN – 24-26 JULY
THE BEST 2 RESULTS WILL COUNT TOWARDS THE SUPSA RANKINGS
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR SA TEAM SELECTION FOR 2016, SECTION 5.13 OF THE SUPSA RULE BOOKS WILL APPLY, (WHICH CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM http://www.supsa.org.za/supsa-rule-books.html)
5.13 SOUTH AFRICAN TEAM QUALIFYING CRITERIA
5.13.1 Competitors in the Open Men’s and Open Women’s division will be eligible to qualify for selection for the national team to compete in the annual ISA World SUP and Paddleboard Championships.
5.13.2 Eligibility Criteria for qualification for selection for the national team :
a) Holder of a valid South African Passport;
b) Availability at the time of ISA World SUP and Paddleboard Championships;
c) Ability to fund participation in the ISA World SUP and Paddleboard Championships;
d) Written Permission of the parent or guardian to be considered for selection If an eligible competitor is under the age of 18.
5.13.3 Position on the final SUPSA Open Division Title points rankings for a particular year shall determine the order in which team members are considered for selection for the National Team for the following year. SUPSA shall also take into account other relevant criteria when selecting the national team, such as international results, and each athletes attitude and potential as well as taking transformation objectives into account.
FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS
the SUPSA TEAM